IOWA error

Mark Probert

Hi, All.

Any ideas on what this error message means:

Main: no such page in run::usersavedata == Iowa::Application::Content_Classes::Run::UserSaveData
admin::addcmds == Iowa::Application::Content_Classes::Admin::AddCmds
component == Iowa::Component
(..rest removed..)

I have changed quite a lot, though nothing to do with the indicated page
(Run/UserSaveData). There is nothing in the startup log to indicate a
problem. It only occurs when I go to the URL.

Thanks,

-- -mark. (probertm @ acm dot org)

Kirk Haines

Hi, All.

Any ideas on what this error message means:

Main: no such page in run::usersavedata == Iowa::Application::Content_Classes::Run::UserSaveData
admin::addcmds ==
Iowa::Application::Content_Classes::Admin::AddCmds component == Iowa::Component
(..rest removed..)

I have changed quite a lot, though nothing to do with the indicated
page
(Run/UserSaveData). There is nothing in the startup log to indicate
a problem. It only occurs when I go to the URL.

Yeah. It's one of the bad errors that is being improved so that it makes
more obvious sense.

Whenever it comes up, it means that IOWA couldn't find the component that
was being asked for. That big long list that comes after the error message
is a crude diagnostic tool. It's simply a list of all of the components
that IOWA knows about.

In this case, it looks like you are missing Main.

Thanks,

Kirk Haines

Mark Probert

Kirk Haines said:
In this case, it looks like you are missing Main.
Thanks, Kirk.

It was pointing me in the right direction. The actual error was when I
copied a file, Foo.iwa, to Main.iwa. So, within Main.iwa was the
declaration:

class Foo < Iowa::Component

Perhaps a more helpful error could be something like:

"Iowa::Component class mismatch in Main.iwa (Foo unexpected)"

I am not sure if that is available via your parser.

Regards,