    problem. It only occurs when I go to the URL.

    Thanks,

    -- -mark. (probertm @ acm dot org)

    Mark Probert, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Mark Probert

    Kirk Haines Guest

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 03:05:06 +0900, Mark Probert wrote
    > Hi, All.
    >
    > Any ideas on what this error message means:
    >
    > Main: no such page in run::usersavedata ==

    Iowa::Application::Content_Classes::Run::UserSaveData
    > admin::addcmds ==
    > Iowa::Application::Content_Classes::Admin::AddCmds component ==

    Iowa::Component
    > (..rest removed..)
    >
    > I have changed quite a lot, though nothing to do with the indicated
    > page
    > (Run/UserSaveData). There is nothing in the startup log to indicate
    > a problem. It only occurs when I go to the URL.

    Yeah. It's one of the bad errors that is being improved so that it makes
    more obvious sense.

    Whenever it comes up, it means that IOWA couldn't find the component that
    was being asked for. That big long list that comes after the error message
    is a crude diagnostic tool. It's simply a list of all of the components
    that IOWA knows about.

    In this case, it looks like you are missing Main.

    Thanks,

    Kirk Haines

    Kirk Haines, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    "Kirk Haines" <> wrote:

    > In this case, it looks like you are missing Main.

    Thanks, Kirk.

    It was pointing me in the right direction. The actual error was when I
    copied a file, Foo.iwa, to Main.iwa. So, within Main.iwa was the
    declaration:

    class Foo < Iowa::Component

    Perhaps a more helpful error could be something like:

    "Iowa::Component class mismatch in Main.iwa (Foo unexpected)"

    I am not sure if that is available via your parser.

    Regards,

    --
    -mark. (probertm @ acm dot org)

    Mark Probert, Sep 8, 2004