IP address

Just D

Hi,

How can I get the IP address of the machine my client connects with? I need
to get this info for an additional security of my ASPX page. So I need to
get the IP string in my codebehind to work with it.

Thanks,
Just D.

Curt_C [MVP]

It's in the Request.ServerVariables() collection, but if they are behind a
NAT or Proxy you will not get the actual IP, just the masked one. It's not
super reliable.

Just D

Hi Curt,

Yes, I know, but if all machines are inside one office, then IP should be
near the same for the whole groups. There are a few tricks here.

Thanks,
Just D.