    WhoIs only gives me the ISP.

    Thanks,

    Chuck

    Charles A. Lackman, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Charles A. Lackman

    Kyril Magnos Guest

    Chuck,

    No, you cannot get email address or other personal information unless the
    user provides it to you with their consent. This is for security and privacy
    reasons (and with the new spam laws being dreamed up, you may not want to
    even try!). You can provide your users with a form to fill out and ask them
    to provide this information if you need it.

    --
    HTH

    Kyril Magnos

    Kyril Magnos, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Charles A. Lackman

    Mark Rae Guest

    > I am running a web server from my home and when anyone visits my web site,

    > get a report that shows the IP address of the visitor. Is there a way to
    > get more information about the visitor, like thier Email address or other
    > types of contact information?

    Not really possible to get their email address - you don't actually have to
    have an email address to be on the Internet(!) - think of an Internet
    café... However, you can get quite a lot of stuff by a combination of
    Request.ServerVariables and the client-side JavaScript navigation object.

    http://www.markrae.co.uk/zzScratch/debug.aspx

    Mark Rae, Jul 20, 2004