    so to have 2 actually processes that interchanged data between them ?
    I looked at Pyro and it looks really good but i wanted to experiment
    with a simpler solution.

    king kikapu, Aug 10, 2007

  2. king kikapu <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > inspired of the topic "The Future of Python Threading", i started to
    > realize that the only way to utilize the power of multiple cores using
    > Python, is spawn processes and "communicate" with them.
    >
    > If we have the scenario:
    >
    > 1. Windows (mainly) development
    > 2. Processes are running in the same machine
    > 3. We just want to "pass" info from one process to another. Info may
    > be simple data types or user defined Python objects.
    >
    > what is the best solution (besides sockets) that someone can implement
    > so to have 2 actually processes that interchanged data between them ?
    > I looked at Pyro and it looks really good but i wanted to experiment
    > with a simpler solution.

    Check out <http://www.lindaspaces.com/products/NWS_overview.html>

    Alex

    Alex Martelli, Aug 10, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    king kikapu <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > inspired of the topic "The Future of Python Threading", i started to
    > realize that the only way to utilize the power of multiple cores using
    > Python, is spawn processes and "communicate" with them.
    >
    > If we have the scenario:
    >
    > 1. Windows (mainly) development
    > 2. Processes are running in the same machine
    > 3. We just want to "pass" info from one process to another. Info may
    > be simple data types or user defined Python objects.
    >
    > what is the best solution (besides sockets) that someone can implement
    > so to have 2 actually processes that interchanged data between them ?
    > I looked at Pyro and it looks really good but i wanted to experiment
    > with a simpler solution.

    Hi King Kikapu
    There's a shared memory module for Python, but it is *nix only, I'm
    afraid. I realize you said "mainly Windows" but this module seems to do
    what you want so maybe you can work out a creative solution.

    http://NikitaTheSpider.com/python/shm/

    Good luck with whatever you choose

    --
    Philip
    http://NikitaTheSpider.com/

    Nikita the Spider, Aug 10, 2007
  4. king kikapu

    king kikapu Guest

    On Aug 10, 10:33 pm, Nikita the Spider <>
    wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > king kikapu <> wrote:
    >

    > Hi King Kikapu
    > There's a shared memory module for Python, but it is *nix only, I'm
    > afraid. I realize you said "mainly Windows" but this module seems to do
    > what you want so maybe you can work out a creative solution.
    >
    > http://NikitaTheSpider.com/python/shm/

    Yes, i am currently developing mainly on windows but a cross-platform
    solution would surely interests me. I will check it out this!

    @Alex: Thanks, it looks very-very interesting...

    king kikapu, Aug 11, 2007