    sridevi Guest

    Is IPC::Shareable supported in Perl5.8 ?. I have used IPC::Shareable in
    Perl5.6 .

    sridevi, Dec 8, 2006

  2. sridevi

    Sisyphus Guest

    "sridevi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is IPC::Shareable supported in Perl5.8 ?. I have used IPC::Shareable in
    > Perl5.6 .

    Well .... it builds and installs ok on Mandrake (9.1) Linux for me (perl
    5.8.8), passing all tests. However, I first had to apply a very simple hack
    to SysV.xs (which is part of the pre-requisite IPC-Sysv-1.03 package) -
    namely, it's necessary to replace the one occurrence of 'sv_undef' in
    SysV.xs with 'PL_sv_undef'.

    What errors do you get with that change in place ?

    If you're trying to get it working on Win32 then there's some additional
    work required - I haven't properly investigated that (and don't intend to do
    so, unless you tell me that you'recon Win32 :)

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Dec 8, 2006

  3. sridevi