IPersonalizable Question

Holysmoke

I am developing a webparts page on which I have webpart inherited from
UserControl. To personalize this webpart, I have implemented IPersonalizable
interface.

I am not sure how it works, but every time there is postback or callback
event, the IPersonalizable.Load is fired but IPersonalizable.Save is not
called. I am setting IPersonalizable.IsDirty always true (for now to work)
but with no use. But strangely the IPersonalizable.save is called when I try
to switch to various page display modes such as "BROWSE", "DESIGN",
"EDIT","CATALOG"

My question is why save method of IPersonalizable implements is not called
in case of normal postback such as button and it works fine in case various
page display mode change?

TIA,
Holy