iPhone emulators

Discussion in 'HTML' started by j, Nov 29, 2013.

  1. j

    j Guest

    j, Nov 29, 2013

  2. j

    Tim W Guest

    On 29/11/2013 02:01, j wrote:
    > I'm arguing with a client over iPhone design. Since I don't have an
    > iPhone I'm at a disadvantage.
    >
    > I've found a couple of emulators:
    >
    > http://iphonetester.com/
    > http://iphone4simulator.com/
    >
    > How well do these do?
    >
    > And finally, a sample audio player with a link (link not wired):
    >
    > http://www.guidedimagerydownloads.com/test_iphone.html
    >
    > Is that finger friendly?
    >
    > Jeff

    I don't know about those specific links but in general the online mobile
    emulators are not particularly accurate or reliable. It's a problem,
    especially since we can't even test a site with safari for windows
    (except an old version) any more.

    But you will never be able to test your site on everything there is.

    Tim W

    Tim W, Nov 30, 2013

  3. j

    j Guest

    On 11/30/2013 7:00 AM, Tim W wrote:
    > On 29/11/2013 02:01, j wrote:
    >> I'm arguing with a client over iPhone design. Since I don't have an
    >> iPhone I'm at a disadvantage.
    >>
    >> I've found a couple of emulators:
    >>
    >> http://iphonetester.com/
    >> http://iphone4simulator.com/
    >>
    >> How well do these do?
    >>
    >> And finally, a sample audio player with a link (link not wired):
    >>
    >> http://www.guidedimagerydownloads.com/test_iphone.html
    >>
    >> Is that finger friendly?
    >>
    >> Jeff

    > I don't know about those specific links but in general the online mobile
    > emulators are not particularly accurate or reliable. It's a problem,
    > especially since we can't even test a site with safari for windows
    > (except an old version) any more.
    >
    > But you will never be able to test your site on everything there is.

    I had a look over at browsershots.org, and there was nothing mobile. I
    can see how that would have been hard.

    The trouble with clients is that they care most about whatever they are
    using. I wrote altogether too much NS4 hackery at one time.

    Jeff

    j, Dec 1, 2013