iphoto parsing

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Patrick May, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. Patrick May

    Patrick May Guest

    Patrick May, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Module or Class Style?

    I have some code that I'm thinking of releasing into the wild. It is
    a single 'module' consisting of 4 classes. I was wondering what the
    preferred method of grouping classes is. Should I wrap them in a
    module or a class or ...?

    Henry Maddocks, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Patrick May

    Une bévue Guest

    Patrick May <> wrote:

    > http://www.narf-lib.org/2006/01/iphoto2.html

    fine thanks !

    i've done a script reading an entire AdressBook and converting it into
    xml (following more or less draft-dawson-vcard-xml-dtd-01.dtd)

    this makes use of RubyAEOSA, iconv and xml/smart.

    how is difficult to make that a gem ?
    --
    une bévue

    Une bévue, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Re: Module or Class Style?

    It very much depends on your code, but generally wrapping everything into a
    module is the prefered way, it keeps namespaces clean and allows for easy
    mixins... the pickaxe has a nice chapter about why to use modules, you should
    check it out :)

    ~~~~manveru

    Michael Fellinger, Jan 10, 2006