IPlanet 6 OutOfMemory Crash

Discussion in 'Java' started by Prabhakar, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Prabhakar

    Prabhakar Guest

    Hi,

    We are running our Java Servlets under JDK 1.3.1_08 on Iplanet. We are
    seeing different exceptions for past few days..

    There will be repeated entries of
    [<timestamp>] failure ( <number>): Internal error: Unexpected error
    condition thrown (unknown exception,no description), stack: no stack
    trace

    and server will crash with
    [<timestamp>] catastrophe ( <number>): Server crash detected (signal
    SIGILL)
    [<timestamp>] info ( <number>): Crash occurred in NSAPI SAF
    NSServletService
    [<timestamp>] failure ( <number>): Child process admin thread is
    shutting down

    We are running around 20 application on this server and it is humanly
    impossible to look into each and every application. We did check
    Runtime.freeMemory() and Runtime.totalMemory() and found that around
    60% is free just 1 second before crash.

    Thanks.
    Prabhakar, Aug 12, 2003