IPostBackDataHandler not working properly with DataGrid

buzlite

Hello All,

I am having some difficulties with a user control implementing
IPostBackDataHandler when it is placed inside a datagrid.

I have created a user control (MyUserControl.ascx) containing 1 TextBox
that implements the IPostBackDataHandler.
I have also created a form (WebForm1.aspx) that contains 1 datagrid of
which the datagrid contains the above user control as specified in its
template.

The purpose is to dynamically create one MyUserControl for each item in
the datasource for display and editing.

When the program is run and text is entered into MyUserControl's
textbox, the LoadPostData() of MyUserControl.ascx is called as
expected. But even though LoadPostData() returns true the
corresponding RaisePostDataChangedEvent() is not called.

Note: if I were to simply include the MyUserControl.ascx in
WebForm1.aspx, then both LoadPostData() and RaisePostDataChangedEvent()
of MyUserControl.ascx are called as expected.

Would someone give me some insight as to why this is not working ? Am
I missing a step somewhere ?

Attached is the bare essential code snippets to reproduce the problem.

MyUserControl.ascx
<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="MyUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="test.MyUserControl"
TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"%>
<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

MyUserControl.ascx.cs
public class MyUserControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl,
IPostBackDataHandler, INamingContainer
{
protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1;

//
//
InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);

if (Page != null)
{
Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack(this);

/// <summary>
/// </summary>
private void InitializeComponent()

#endregion

public virtual bool LoadPostData(string postDataKey,
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection postCollection)
{
return true;
}

public virtual void RaisePostDataChangedEvent()

WebForm1.aspx
<%@ Register TagPrefix="f4c" TagName="MyUserControl"
Src="MyUserControl.ascx" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="test.WebForm1" %>
<asp:datagrid id="dgListing" runat="server"
AutoGenerateColumns="False">
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn>
<ItemTemplate>
<f4c:MyUserControl id="MyUserControl1"
runat="server"></f4c:MyUserControl>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:datagrid>
<asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"></asp:Button>
</form>

WebForm1.aspx.cs

//setup handlers
this.Button1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.Button1_Click);

//setup datagrid
dgListing.DataSource = this.CreateDataSource();
dgListing.DataBind();

ICollection CreateDataSource()
{
DataTable dt = new DataTable();
DataRow dr;

dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("SomeColumn", typeof(Int32)));

for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)
{
dr = dt.NewRow();
dr[0] = i;