IPV6 support

Robert M. Gary

I'm testing IPV6 right now. I've created IPV6 loopback addresses on
both my XP Pro box and my Solaris 8 box. I can ping the loopback
address on each box from the command line using ping6
XP> ping6 fe80::5efe.10.225.30.121
Solaris8> ping ::1

Both return correctly (successful for correct address, failure for
failed address).

However, from Java 1.5 the Solaris platform seems to work great, but
the XP platform seems to just always return success, regardless of what
I put in for the IP address...

//use getByName since I don't know if customer will give
me a name or IP, but
//getByName works either way
InetAddress addr = InetAddress.getByName(pinghost);
success = addr.isReachable(tmout);

(I've also tried Inet6Address).
I'm using Sun's JDK in both cases.

I have the IPV6 stack installed on both machines.

Is this an maturity issue for the JDK on XP?

-Robert