ipython + gnu emacs on windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by madhusub@gmail.com, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Has anyone managed to get ipython within gnu emacs (21.3.1) working on
    Windows XP?

    I've the following versions of required software
    Python 2.4.1
    IPython 0.6.15
    python-mode.el (defconst py-version "$Revision: 4.63 $"

    I have also installed other ancilliary packages (per
    http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/node2.html#sub:Under-Windows)

    Now when i do M-x py-shell, I get to the ipython shell with a bizarre
    prompt as follows

    ^A^BIn [^A^B1^A^B]: ^A^B
    ^A^BIn [^A^B1^A^B]: ^A^B?
    ---Return to continue, q to quit---

    If I type '?' without quotes as shown above, I get a single line
    (---Return to continue, q to quit--- ) and nothing else.

    Also any errors are not reported on the screen.

    Any ideas? Thanks for your help

    Note: invoking ipython for a regular nt cmd shell works just fine.

    , Sep 9, 2005