ipython + gnu emacs on windows

madhusub

Has anyone managed to get ipython within gnu emacs (21.3.1) working on
Windows XP?

I've the following versions of required software
Python 2.4.1
IPython 0.6.15
python-mode.el (defconst py-version "$Revision: 4.63 $"

I have also installed other ancilliary packages (per
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/node2.html#sub:Under-Windows)

Now when i do M-x py-shell, I get to the ipython shell with a bizarre
prompt as follows

^A^BIn [^A^B1^A^B]: ^A^B
^A^BIn [^A^B1^A^B]: ^A^B?
---Return to continue, q to quit---

If I type '?' without quotes as shown above, I get a single line
(---Return to continue, q to quit--- ) and nothing else.

Also any errors are not reported on the screen.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help

Note: invoking ipython for a regular nt cmd shell works just fine.