IRB error using curl command.

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Shane Nayler, Sep 17, 2008.

  1. Shane Nayler

    Shane Nayler Guest

    Gday all.

    Im using the netbeans IDE version 6.1 to create a ruby on rails
    application.

    First off... Netbeans wouldnt let me generate an xml.builder type file,
    i had to navigate to app/views/info with explorer and then create the
    who_bought.xml.builder file there. but netbeans will open the file
    without any problems and let me put code into it.

    im trying to use the curl command to test out netbeans ability to
    generate xml...

    >> curl http://localhost:3000/info/who_bought/1.xml

    but im getting the error:

    SyntaxError: (irb):51: , unexpected tSYMBEG

    ive tried

    >> curl -H "Accept: application/xml"

    \ http://localhost:3000/info/who_bought/1

    but it gives me the same error.

    the number after (irb): is incrementing by 2 each time i try the console
    command.

    sorry i cant give much more info... im still pretty new to ruby/rails
    etc...

    go nuts with questions if you need more info and ill try to get you an
    answer though! =p
    Shane Nayler, Sep 17, 2008