    ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
    part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?

    Thanks for all pointers.

    Robert Love, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Robert Love

    Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2004, Robert Love wrote:

    > I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
    > ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
    > part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
    >
    > Thanks for all pointers.

    rpm doesn't install it. install from tar.gz.

    -a
    | PHONE :: 303.497.6469
    | When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
    | bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki

    , Oct 26, 2004

  3. Robert Love

    Jamis Buck Guest

    Robert Love wrote:
    > I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
    > ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
    > part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
    >
    > Thanks for all pointers.

    IIRC, Fedora has a separate irb rpm you have to install. It's been a few
    years since I played on a RedHat system, so I can't remember exactly
    what it's called, but maybe that will be enough to point you in the
    right direction?

    Good luck,

    Jamis

    --
    Jamis Buck

    http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis

    Jamis Buck, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Robert Love wrote:

    >I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
    >ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
    >part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
    >
    >Thanks for all pointers.

    Sorry I'm a little late but...

    yum install irb

    ...should do it.

    Cheers,
    Gianni

    Gianni Jacklone, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Robert Love

    Robert Love Guest

    In <> Gianni Jacklone wrote:
    > Robert Love wrote:
    >
    >>I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that
    >>has ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there?
    >>Is that part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get
    >>just irb? Thanks for all pointers.
    >>

    > Sorry I'm a little late but...
    >
    > yum install irb
    >
    > ...should do it.