irb on Ruby.NET

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Andrea Guerra, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. Has someone tried to run irb on Ruby.NET? I tried but I just got this
    error message:

    PS D:\Projects\Ruby.NET\Bin> .\RubyCompiler -I
    C:\Programmi\Ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\
    C:\Programmi\Ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\launch.rb

    Error: Ruby.RubyException: Use Ruby 1.1
    at Ruby.Compiler.AST.PROGRAM.ExecuteInit(Assembly Assembly, Frame
    caller)
    at Ruby.Compiler.AST.PROGRAM.ExecuteInit(PEFile Assembly, Frame
    caller)
    at Ruby.Methods.rb_f_load.Call1(Object recv, Frame caller, Proc
    block, Object fname)
    at Ruby.Methods.rb_f_require.Call1(Object recv, Frame caller, Proc
    block, Object fname)
    at Ruby.Eval.CallPrivate1(Object recv, Frame caller, String
    methodId, Proc block, Object arg1)
    at launch.Init(Object recv, Frame caller)
    at launch.Main(String[] args)

    launch.rb code taken from irb.bat script:

    #!/bin/ruby

    require "irb"

    if __FILE__ == $0
    IRB.start(__FILE__)
    else
    # check -e option
    IRB.start(__FILE__)
    else
    IRB.setup(__FILE__)
    end
    end

    I use Windows XP SP2, .NET 2.0 and ruby 1.8.

    any idea?
    Andrea Guerra, Nov 17, 2006