IRB problem in Eclispe

Brad Mr

Just wonderin if anyone else ran into this problem.

You can set up Eclipse to use an external tool (in this case the IRB) to
launch in Eclipse in a console session, and can specify a working
directory to easily import classes. This does work becasue I was able
to do this on a windows machine. But on my new MacBook Prow OS X 10.4.7
and Ruby 1.8.4 installed from Darwin ports, eclipse 3.2 and Java 1.5.x
I have not been able to get this to work. Every time I try to launch
IRB I get an "Operation in Progress" window that never times out or goes
away until I manualy close the window and can not get the details of why
it is failing.

Any one else see this?

Charles O Nutter

I assume you're using the Ruby Development Tools for this. It could be
that there's a plugin in RDT that doesn't work well or correctly under
OS X. You should ask the RDT guys directly about this, since I don't
think it's a Ruby issue.

voipfc

Brad said:
Just wonderin if anyone else ran into this problem.

You can set up Eclipse to use an external tool (in this case the IRB) to
launch in Eclipse in a console session, and can specify a working
directory to easily import classes. This does work becasue I was able
to do this on a windows machine.

How can I get IRB to work in Eclipse? I have RDT installed but can't
find the option to run IRB on the menu.

But on my new MacBook Prow OS X 10.4.7