IRB segfaults on latest one click installer

gabriele renzi

Hi gurus and nubys,

Actually I don't have a clue on why this happens, but it seem it is
related to readline.

The segfaults happens whith an input like:
Something::SomethingElse.foo
when written like this:

example (obviously you won't see the tabs but they're there :)

C:\Documents and Settings\gabriele\Desktop>irb --simple-promptc:/programmi/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb/input-method.rb:99: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

way.

C:\Documents and Settings\gabriele\Desktop>irb --simple-promptArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1c:/programmi/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb/input-method.rb:97: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

way.

running on win xp pro

Joel VanderWerf

gabriele said:
Hi gurus and nubys,

Actually I don't have a clue on why this happens, but it seem it is
related to readline.

The segfaults happens whith an input like:
Something::SomethingElse.foo
when written like this:

I get this too. In fact if I just type "String::" and press TAB twice,
irb segfaults.

ruby -v says:
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

Curt Hibbs

Actually I don't have a clue on why this happens, but it seem it is
related to readline.

The segfaults happens whith an input like:
Something::SomethingElse.foo
when written like this:

I get this too. In fact if I just type "String::" and press TAB twice,
irb segfaults.

ruby -v says:
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

There is an open bug report on this:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=876&group_id=167&atid
=715

I'm not sure if there'll be anything I can do about this, unless/until there
is an updated version of readline that I can try.

Curt

gabriele renzi

Curt Hibbs ha scritto:
confirmed :/
ruby -v says:
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32]

There is an open bug report on this:

yes, I reported it there cause I had no feedback here. Is sad to hear
that you don't know how to fix it, but is good to see that you would do
something if you could. I hope I could do it myself..
Thank you, anyway.

Curt Hibbs