IRC client library for Java.

Daniel Pitts

Anyone know of any IRC client libraries for Java? I have a simple
use-case, where an existing tool will send a note to a specific channel
on a specific server when a specific event occurs. Nothing complicated
really.

One gotcha is that the IRC server runs on SSL only, so the library needs
to support that.

Thanks,
Daniel.

Joerg Meier

Anyone know of any IRC client libraries for Java? I have a simple
use-case, where an existing tool will send a note to a specific channel
on a specific server when a specific event occurs. Nothing complicated
really.
One gotcha is that the IRC server runs on SSL only, so the library needs
to support that.

Check out PircBot/PircBotX (the latter is newer, but might not be feature
complete yet).

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg