    just the query called IMServ...

    Once again, my question is how to create a socket directly to a IRC
    query...?

    Jay, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Jay wrote:
    > ok have this program and i set a socket 2 connect to the server...so i
    > can chat on the channels and stuff. my question is how would i go about
    > set a socket directly 2 an individual query?

    Don't take this the hard way, but this question doesn't make sense, and your
    source code does neither. It's riddled with inconsistencies and errors, and
    I can only barely grasp the fundamental concept behind it...

    Anyway, before taking on a project of this size I'd recommend you to do
    something smaller in Python and get yourself aquainted with the language
    (and maybe programming in general). Python is a language with a shallow
    learning curve, but still you must master several things such as
    classes/instances/everything is an object/docstrings are string before
    being able to programm successfully.

    Why not start with the tutorial at www.python.org and work your way up from
    there?

    --- Heiko.

    Heiko Wundram, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Jay

    David Wahler Guest

    Jay wrote:
    > ok have this program and i set a socket 2 connect to the server...so i
    > can chat on the channels and stuff. my question is how would i go about
    > set a socket directly 2 an individual query?

    The last part of this paragraph is completely incomprehensible.

    > my program is right here...
    > http://h1.ripway.com/jay001/CopyofPyIRCnMo.txt

    Ah, thank you. Now I can see what you're trying to accomplish:

    >if sys.platform == 'linux':
    > print "Cant run on a gay linux box!"
    > print "Get windows! XP or new... Vista!"
    > sys.exit

    Not only is this obnoxious, it doesn't even work.

    > def dccpopuper(self):
    > """Kill everyone with 30 pop ups requesting a dcc chat"""
    > try:
    > for number in range(31):
    > self.irc.send("DCC CHAT" + self.CHANNEL+"\r\n")
    > irc.generateNICK()
    > time.sleep(5)
    > print number*10
    > except:
    > print "I know u want 2 kill them but connect first"

    Not only is this _extremely_ obnoxious, but it doesn't even work. Don't
    expect any help from me.

    -- David

    David Wahler, Dec 30, 2005
  4. David Wahler wrote:
    > <snip>
    > Not only is this obnoxious, it doesn't even work.
    > <snip>
    > Not only is this _extremely_ obnoxious, but it doesn't even work. Don't
    > expect any help from me.
    > <snip>

    Thanks for pointing that out (I must've missed those two examples when I
    read the code). And I even pointed him in a direction...

    apologetically-y'rs,
    --- Heiko.

    Heiko Wundram, Dec 30, 2005
  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    LMFAO! those were jokes for my friends. lol.and btw the dccpoper and
    bot and crap were jokes that i made up for my friends on the #python
    channel in freenode... It was a joke.Anyway.. My bad, its ok if u dont
    want to help... no one likes me on this group anyway... u guys just
    joined the crowd... btw, wat do u mean

    >get yourself aquainted with the language

    (and maybe programming in general).<

    Dude, why do u think im not? ive programmed many small and many big
    programs, if this is a noob question then my bad, ive asked many ppl
    and they cant answer me and this was my last resort since i knew i
    would get this kind of bullshit.
    I know most of the language fairly and im tired of coming on here and
    always getting pointed to python tutorials, its actually pretty
    annying, if you dont have a liable answer then could u please not post
    then, it only makes sense. Instead of telling someone that their dumb
    and that u dont know python, how about just help answering the
    question. But watever, i dont know y but this whole group just hates
    me... If anyone has a answer then please feel free to post(unlikely).
    But thx anyway..

    Jay, Dec 31, 2005
  6. Jay

    J4Y Guest

  7. Jay wrote:
    > LMFAO!

    Yeah, me too. How lame do you think we are?!

    --- Heiko.

    Heiko Wundram, Dec 31, 2005
  8. Heiko Wundram wrote:
    > Yeah, me too. How lame do you think we are?!

    I won't feed the trolls... I won't feed the trolls... I won't feed the

    Heiko Wundram, Dec 31, 2005
  9. Jay

    J4Y Guest

    kk

    J4Y, Dec 31, 2005
  10. On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:17:01 -0800, Jay wrote:

    > LMFAO! those were jokes for my friends. lol.and btw the dccpoper and
    > bot and crap were jokes that i made up for my friends on the #python
    > channel in freenode... It was a joke.

    Yet no one on the channel thought it was funny. It got you kicked and
    banned for a while too, but you probably were AFK at the time. Since you
    obviously didn't get the message that way, let me try here: stop doing
    it, thanks.

    --
    Thomas Wouters <>

    Thomas Wouters, Jan 3, 2006