iron python exe problem

ajikoe

Hello,

I have test.py:
print 'hello'

I compile using iron python the result is test.exe

I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
test.exe is not a valid win32 application.

How can I solve this problem?

Sincerely Yours,
Pujo

Nick Ballard

Hello,

I have test.py:
print 'hello'

I compile using iron python the result is test.exe

I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
test.exe is not a valid win32 application.

How can I solve this problem?

Sincerely Yours,
Pujo
Which version are you using?

Fredrik Lundh

I have test.py:
print 'hello'

I compile using iron python the result is test.exe

I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
test.exe is not a valid win32 application.

How can I solve this problem?

since ironpython is still under heavy development, you'll probably reach more iron-
python users and developers by posting to the ironpython mailing list:

btw, a quick search of the mailing list archives brought up this post:

http://lists.ironpython.com/htdig.cgi/users-ironpython.com/2005-June/000749.html

which may or may not be relevant, depending on what version you're using.

</F>

ajikoe

I use version 0.9.5
Windows xp with .net framework 2.0, visual studio Express

pujo

D H

Hello,

I have test.py:
print 'hello'

I compile using iron python the result is test.exe

I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
test.exe is not a valid win32 application.

How can I solve this problem?

Sincerely Yours,
Pujo

drag all the ironpython dlls into the same folder as your generated exe
and try again. That error could also be a result of running a .net 2
app in .net 1.1 or something similar.

ajikoe

Hello,

I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0

pujo

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hello,

I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0
REINSTALL 1.1... Even M$ states that the two releases are supposed
to co-exist...

D H

Dennis said:
REINSTALL 1.1... Even M$ states that the two releases are supposed
to co-exist...

IronPython is .net 2 only, I believe, so .NET 1.1 should be unnecessary.

Dennis Lee Bieber

IronPython is .net 2 only, I believe, so .NET 1.1 should be unnecessary.

I was speaking in general terms... M$ seems to expect that both will
be available which implies that 2 is not an upward expansion from 1.1