Iron Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jon Harrop, May 15, 2007.

  1. Jon Harrop

    Jon Harrop Guest

    Jon Harrop, May 15, 2007

  2. Jon Harrop

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Jon Harrop napisa³(a):

    > Anybody tried it?

    Me.

    --
    Jarek Zgoda

    "We read Knuth so you don't have to."

    Jarek Zgoda, May 15, 2007

  3. Jon Harrop

    John Machin Guest

    On May 15, 8:05 pm, Jarek Zgoda <> wrote:
    > Jon Harrop napisa³(a):
    >
    > > Anybody tried it?

    > Me.

    Me too.

    John Machin, May 15, 2007
  4. On May 15, 5:22 am, John Machin <> wrote:
    > > > Anybody tried it?

    > > Me.

    > Me too.

    Anybody like it?

    rd

    BartlebyScrivener, May 15, 2007
  5. Jon Harrop

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    BartlebyScrivener napisa³(a):

    >>> Me.

    >> Me too.

    > Anybody like it?

    Tried id, did not found any use, put on shelf. Don't know if this case
    fits "likes" or "doesn't like". ;)

    Jarek Zgoda, May 15, 2007
  6. Jon Harrop

    Tim Roberts Guest

    BartlebyScrivener <> wrote:

    >> > Me.

    >> Me too.

    >Anybody like it?

    I think it is a fascinating development, but it is aiming in a different
    direction. To a certain extent, you have to separate the Python language
    from the Python standard library. IronPython has the entire Python
    language, and it will run most (but not all) of the standard library we're
    all accustomed to, but the real fun of IronPython is that you have the
    entire .NET class framework available from Our Favorite Language.

    Considering all of the junk that regularly comes out of Redmond, I think
    that the Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly called "Avalon") is one
    of the most interesting things they've produced in a long time. IronPython
    will give me the opportunity to really dig into WPF without having to drink
    the C# kool-aid.
    --
    Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.