IRootDesigner in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mihail Luca, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Mihail Luca

    Mihail Luca Guest

    Hi !
    After the first researches I found out that with WebForms there is no easy
    way to implement an IRootDesigner.
    After inspecting the Web.UI.Page class I have found that it uses these
    attribute:
    [ DesignerAttribute(typeof(
    Microsoft.VSDesigner.WebForms.WebFormDesigner) ),
    System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("ASPXCodeBehind"),
    System.ComponentModel.DefaultEventAttribute("Load"),
    System.ComponentModel.ToolboxItemAttribute(false)]

    My ideea was to inherit from Web.UI.Page, and to put my own Designer
    attribute instead of the default one. I have tried to derive from the
    WebFormDesigner, but it doesn"t work. It doesn"t call even the constructor.

    Does anyone has the smallest ideea how can i enter in the design time chain
    of the Page object ?

    Thank you,
    Mihail

    Mihail Luca, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Mihail Luca

    Andrew Guest

    I haven't seen many threads on this subject so I did a test.

    The constructor doesn't get called, but I noticed that if you change the
    DefaultEventAttribute To PreRender instead of load, you will see the
    behavior change in VS.
    Double clicking on the page to get to code view generates the Page_PreRender
    so some of the stuff has an effect.

    -Andrew

    Andrew, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Mihail Luca

    Andrew Guest

    Oops Crossposted :: Re: IRootDesigner in ASP.NET

    Sorry all,
    To quick on the reply,I didn't see the long list of groups in the "to"
    I didn't mean to crosspost the reply.

    I am however intentionaly cross posting this message

    -Andrew

    Andrew, Sep 17, 2003