    possible?)

    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff, Sep 16, 2008

  2. On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Jeff <> wrote:
    > Over the last couple of months there seemed to be long-running threads
    > of discussion/argument regarding 1.8.6 p230 and it's fixes, or lack
    > thereof, and compatibility with Rails.
    >
    > I now see there's a 1.8.6 p287 listed under "Other News" on the
    > officialy Ruby site (though not in the Downloads section,
    > unfortunately).
    >
    > Does this finally put an end to all the back-and-forth about p230?

    Not official word by any means, but while I was having all sorts of
    issues with p230, p287 works-for-me

    -greg

    --
    Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com | Non-tech
    stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com
    Gregory Brown, Sep 16, 2008

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    On Sep 16, 11:17=A0am, "Gregory Brown" <>
    wrote:
    > Not official word by any means, but while I was having all sorts of
    > issues with p230, p287 works-for-me
    >
    > -greg
    >
    > --
    > Technical Blaag at:http://blog.majesticseacreature.com| Non-tech
    > stuff at:http://metametta.blogspot.com

    A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
    at RubyConf?

    Jeff
    Jeff, Sep 16, 2008
  4. On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Jeff <> wrote:
    > On Sep 16, 11:17 am, "Gregory Brown" <>
    > wrote:
    >> Not official word by any means, but while I was having all sorts of
    >> issues with p230, p287 works-for-me
    >>
    >> -greg
    >>
    >> --
    >> Technical Blaag at:http://blog.majesticseacreature.com| Non-tech
    >> stuff at:http://metametta.blogspot.com

    > A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
    > at RubyConf?

    If you will be there, you can ask him during Q&A, or you could repost
    this question on ruby-core where you're more likely to get official
    word.

    -greg

    Gregory Brown, Sep 16, 2008
  5. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    On Sep 16, 1:04=A0pm, "Gregory Brown" <> wrote:
    > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Jeff <> wrote:
    > > On Sep 16, 11:17 am, "Gregory Brown" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> Not official word by any means, but while I was having all sorts of
    > >> issues with p230, p287 works-for-me

    > >> -greg

    > >> --
    > >> Technical Blaag at:http://blog.majesticseacreature.com|Non-tech
    > >> stuff at:http://metametta.blogspot.com

    > > A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
    > > at RubyConf?

    > If you will be there, you can ask him during Q&A, or you could repost
    > this question on ruby-core where you're more likely to get official
    > word.

    I will be there - duh! Good idea. Thanks.

    Jeff
    Jeff, Sep 16, 2008
  6. Jeff

    Rob Sanheim Guest

    On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Jeff <> wrote:
    > Over the last couple of months there seemed to be long-running threads
    > of discussion/argument regarding 1.8.6 p230 and it's fixes, or lack
    > thereof, and compatibility with Rails.
    >
    > I now see there's a 1.8.6 p287 listed under "Other News" on the
    > officialy Ruby site (though not in the Downloads section,
    > unfortunately).
    >
    > Does this finally put an end to all the back-and-forth about p230?
    >
    > Was there a big announcement somewhere about this that I missed (very
    > possible?)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

    I would say the consensus is 'yes', p287 is stable. Most of the
    bigger Rails hosting providers have moved to 287 for their
    deployments, which usually a good sign that it's proved itself out in
    many real world deployments.

    - Rob

    http://thinkrelevance.com
    http://runcoderun.com