Is 1.8.6 p287 the "finally fixed" version?

Jeff

Over the last couple of months there seemed to be long-running threads
of discussion/argument regarding 1.8.6 p230 and it's fixes, or lack
thereof, and compatibility with Rails.

I now see there's a 1.8.6 p287 listed under "Other News" on the
officialy Ruby site (though not in the Downloads section,
unfortunately).

Does this finally put an end to all the back-and-forth about p230?

Was there a big announcement somewhere about this that I missed (very
possible?)

Thanks,
Jeff

Gregory Brown

Over the last couple of months there seemed to be long-running threads
of discussion/argument regarding 1.8.6 p230 and it's fixes, or lack
thereof, and compatibility with Rails.

I now see there's a 1.8.6 p287 listed under "Other News" on the
officialy Ruby site (though not in the Downloads section,
unfortunately).

Does this finally put an end to all the back-and-forth about p230?

Not official word by any means, but while I was having all sorts of
issues with p230, p287 works-for-me

-greg

Jeff

Not official word by any means, but while I was having all sorts of
issues with p230, p287 works-for-me

-greg

A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
at RubyConf?

Jeff

Gregory Brown

A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
at RubyConf?

If you will be there, you can ask him during Q&A, or you could repost
this question on ruby-core where you're more likely to get official
word.

-greg

Jeff

If you will be there, you can ask him during Q&A, or you could repost
this question on ruby-core where you're more likely to get official
word.

I will be there - duh! Good idea. Thanks.

Jeff

Rob Sanheim

Over the last couple of months there seemed to be long-running threads
of discussion/argument regarding 1.8.6 p230 and it's fixes, or lack
thereof, and compatibility with Rails.

I now see there's a 1.8.6 p287 listed under "Other News" on the
officialy Ruby site (though not in the Downloads section,
unfortunately).

Does this finally put an end to all the back-and-forth about p230?

Was there a big announcement somewhere about this that I missed (very
possible?)

Thanks,
Jeff

I would say the consensus is 'yes', p287 is stable. Most of the
bigger Rails hosting providers have moved to 287 for their
deployments, which usually a good sign that it's proved itself out in
many real world deployments.

- Rob

http://thinkrelevance.com
http://runcoderun.com