Is 2.0 AdRotator Stable?

clintonG

After months of stable operation the AdRotator has become unstable. Maybe
its the Themes or the MasterPage who knows?

The AdRotator is showing the images from Theme 1 when Theme 2 is selected
and loaded.

I have a very simple implementation...

// Declared in MasterPage
<asp:AdRotator ID="HeaderLogoRotator"
ToolTip="Load the Homepage" runat="server" />

// Theme 1
<Advertisements>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>Images/smoke_3Cubes74x74.gif</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>~/HomePage.aspx</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText>Load HomePage</AlternateText>
<Keyword>HomePage</Keyword>
<Impressions>2</Impressions>
</Ad>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>Images/smoke_Computer74x74.gif</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>~/HomePage.aspx</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText>Load HomePage</AlternateText>
<Keyword>HomePage</Keyword>
<Impressions>1</Impressions>
</Ad>
</Advertisements>

// Theme 2
<Advertisements>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>Images/autumn_Leaves74x74.gif</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>~/HomePage.aspx</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText>Load HomePage</AlternateText>
<Keyword>HomePage</Keyword>
<Impressions>1</Impressions>
</Ad>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>Images/autumn_3Cubes74x74.gif</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>~/HomePage.aspx</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText>Load HomePage</AlternateText>
<Keyword>HomePage</Keyword>
<Impressions>1</Impressions>
</Ad>
</Advertisements>

I've tried deleting the resources from ASP.NET Temporary Files and
rebuilding but the images from Theme 1 are still displayed when Theme 2 is
loaded.

Nothing has changed with Themes or the MasterPage.

I have changed the code used to persist the selected Theme using a cookie
and the Profile but I don't see the connection with the images managed by
the AdRotator? Do you?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

clintonG

<snip />
Resolved. Unstable User :)
Forgot to change the name of a cookie in code used to determine which
AdvertisementFile to load.

<%= Clinton Gallagher