Is a dictionary garbage collected automatically?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Sam Sungshik Kong, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Hello!

    I'm trying to use a dictionary.
    I know how to create it.
    Do I have to destruct it by myself?
    For short-hand, I made a function to create it and didn't do anything for
    destruction.

    Function dict
    Set dict = createobject("scripting.dictionary")
    End Function

    Set di = dict()
    'use di
    'now what?

    Also, is there any difference between createobject and server.createobject
    when I create a dictionary?

    TIA.

    Sam
    Sam Sungshik Kong, Sep 15, 2004

  2. One more question.

    When I retrieve items from a dictionary in a For Each statement, they come
    out in an order that I added?
    My test shows positive but I am not sure.

    Sam

    Sam Sungshik Kong, Sep 15, 2004