Is a load-store architecture machine more suitable to run C++ code?

Alf P. Steinbach

* dick:
Is a load-store architecture machine more suitable to run C++ code?

What's the C++ question?

And more generally, what's the question?

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

Is a load-store architecture machine more suitable to run C++ code?

That will probably depend on which C++ code we are talking about. I'm
quite confident that you can write code in C++ that will suite to just
about any architecture, but the reverse should also be true, that you
can write code unsuitable for any architecture.

Ron Natalie

dick said:
Is a load-store architecture machine more suitable to run C++ code?
I don't know why you would say that. And LS architectures vary
widely from old lockstep processors to pipelined RISC things.
The compiler generally can (and must) make use of a variety
of things.

C's roots are in both architectures.