Is ActiveX best option?

Gustavo

Does anyone know what would be the best way to have a website have access to
the clients computer (with his permission ofcourse when ) so he can save and
upload files by the click of a webform button (without getting save as
dialogs)

Is ActiveX the best solution? Is this technology the best we should use for
running full permission code in the client?

Gustavo

bruce barker

an active/x or just a standalone program. i'd skip active/x as security
is getting tighter and they are more of a pain.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Eliyahu Goldin

You don't need an ActiveX. Have a look at WSH - Windows Scripting Host. It
provides a very comprehensive control over local resources.