    If I want to use featurwes of Xslt Spec 2.0: Do I have to use an extension
    of .xslt2 or can use .xslt as well?

    Ken

    Ken Philips, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Ken Philips

    John Keyes Guest

    Hi Ken,

    >From XSLT Version 2.0 Working Draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/)

    "The value of the version attribute must be a number (specifically, it
    must be a DecimalLiteral XP as defined in [XPath 2.0].) For this
    version of XSLT, the value should normally be 2.0. A value of 1.0
    indicates that the stylesheet module was written with the intention
    that it should be processed using an XSLT 1.0 processor."

    This is how XSLT processors determine the version.

    For example:
    <xsl:stylesheet
    version="2.0"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

    John Keyes, Sep 23, 2004

  3. John Keyes <> scribbled the following:
    > Hi Ken,

    >>From XSLT Version 2.0 Working Draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/)

    > "The value of the version attribute must be a number (specifically, it
    > must be a DecimalLiteral XP as defined in [XPath 2.0].) For this
    > version of XSLT, the value should normally be 2.0. A value of 1.0
    > indicates that the stylesheet module was written with the intention
    > that it should be processed using an XSLT 1.0 processor."

    > This is how XSLT processors determine the version.

    > For example:
    > <xsl:stylesheet
    > version="2.0"
    > xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

    > Ken Philips wrote:
    >> If I want to use featurwes of Xslt Spec 2.0: Do I have to use an

    > extension
    >> of .xslt2 or can use .xslt as well?
    >>
    >> Ken

    I suppose that means you don't have to name the file with a ".xslt2"
    extension. Is that true?

    "War! Huh! Good God, y'all! What is it good for? We asked Mayor Quimby."
    - Kent Brockman

    Joona I Palaste, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Ken Philips

    John Keyes Guest

    That is correct, you do not have to name the file with a ".xslt2"
    extension.

    John Keyes, Sep 23, 2004