Is an MFC/C++ ActiveX control best?

Jon Turlington

To anyone with an opinion:

I am trying to write a series of fixes for customers on our website. I
want it to do things like clear temp. internet files, delete cookies,
setup outlook express(with ins file), and a series of other easy fixes,
but I am unsure of what language can handle it and what language can
handle it best. I have seen Time Warner does have a series of these
fixes on their site and I am trying to mimic something of that nature.
If anyone has any input please let me know.

TIA,
Jon

mlimber

Jon said:
To anyone with an opinion:

I am trying to write a series of fixes for customers on our website. I
want it to do things like clear temp. internet files, delete cookies,
setup outlook express(with ins file), and a series of other easy fixes,
but I am unsure of what language can handle it and what language can
handle it best. I have seen Time Warner does have a series of these
fixes on their site and I am trying to mimic something of that nature.
If anyone has any input please let me know.

TIA,
Jon

Standard C++ alone cannot help you since you need some sort of
OS-dependent or third-party library, but such things are off-topic
here. This newsgroup is solely for standard C++ language and library
discussions. See this FAQ for what is on-topic here and for some
suggestions of where to post:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M

red floyd

mlimber said:
Jon said:
[request for uninstaller opinion redcated]

[description of OT redacted]

Cheers! --M

mlimber is correct about the off-topicness of this. But I want to add
one OT comment.

ActiveX in webpages is EVIL!!!!