is any body having cp implementaion

Vladimir S. Oka

RAM opined:
hi,
is any body implemented unix cp command .
Yes.

if so please share it

Ever heard of Linux? Yes? There you go...

PS
Read the link in my sig *carefully* before posting again.

Boudewijn Dijkstra

hi,
is any body implemented unix cp command .
if so please share it

Read "The UNIX Programming Environment", by Brian W. Kernighan and Rob
Pike, Prentice-Hall, 1984.
You can find an implementation of cp in there (page 206 in my book).

Micah Cowan

Vladimir S. Oka said:
RAM opined:

Ever heard of Linux? Yes? There you go...

While I think the GNU/Linux thing is an FSF abomination, I've got to
point out here, that Linux has no cp command; GNU does. (And
therefore, Linux-based operating systems which incorporate GNU
utilities do.)

Keith Thompson

Micah Cowan said:
While I think the GNU/Linux thing is an FSF abomination, I've got to
point out here, that Linux has no cp command; GNU does. (And
therefore, Linux-based operating systems which incorporate GNU
utilities do.)

Regardless of the politics of the naming of operating systems, the GNU
implementation of the "cp" command is in the "coreutils" package.