Is anybody located in GMT (-06:00) Central Time?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by clintonG, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    I need somebody who is using 2.0 RTM Membership with a dev machine located
    in GMT (-06:00) Central Time and is interested in running a short test to
    debug
    the RTM 2.0.

    I need to confirm if anybody else has users that are being added to
    aspnet_Users
    6 hours into the future which is my experience when using Membership.

    I also want to confirm if the Website Administration Tool (WAT) adds has two
    instances of a user added to aspnet_Users when the user is added to a role.

    This has been happening to me on two different instances of an XP Pro
    machines. One instance had earlier releases of the 1.1 and Beta 2 including
    Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Server 2000. Okay, I conceded, there must be
    some left over garbage that is causing a conflict.

    So I installed Visual Studio Pro and SQL Server 2005 on a clean disk that
    only had the 1.1 framework installed with no previous instances of Beta 2 or
    any instance Visual Studio or SQL Server and the same thing is occurring.
    This is driving me crazy. Can anybody in Central Time replicate this?

    Note: You'll have to have membership and roles configured in web.config.
    That
    done this will only take about 5-10 minutes...

    1.) Create a new database in SQL Server 2005
    2.) Run aspnet_regsql and apply Membership to the new database
    3.) Create a new website using Visual Studio 2005
    4.) Use the WAT to create a new user.
    5.) Determine if the new user was recorded in the database 6 hours into the
    future
    6.) Use the WAT to create a role.
    7.) Add the new user to the role
    8.) Determine if there is a second instance of the same user in the
    aspnet_Users table
    and determine if one or both instances are recorded 6 hours into the future.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/
    clintonG, Nov 26, 2005