is anyone using text to speech to read python documentation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Eric_Dexter@msn.com, Jun 3, 2009.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 3, 2009

  2. edexter Guest

    On Jun 2, 7:52 pm, "" <> wrote:
    >      I wrote a small pre-processor for python documentation and I am
    > looking for advice on how to get the most natural sounding reading.  I
    > uploaded an example of a reading of lxml documentation as a podcast1
    >
    > http://dexrow.blogspot.com/2009/06/python-voice-preprocessor.html.

    I take it identifing html tags and changing the wording would help :
    ( I will fix that..
    edexter, Jun 3, 2009

  3. Stef Mientki Guest

    wrote:
    > I wrote a small pre-processor for python documentation and I am
    > looking for advice on how to get the most natural sounding reading. I
    > uploaded an example of a reading of lxml documentation as a podcast1
    >
    > http://dexrow.blogspot.com/2009/06/python-voice-preprocessor.html.

    Depends what OS you want to use, on Windows it's very easy:

    import win32com.client
    s = win32com.client.Dispatch("SAPI.SpVoice")
    s.Speak('Is this punthoofd ')

    cheers,
    Stef
    Stef Mientki, Jun 3, 2009
  4. edexter Guest

    On Jun 3, 12:28 pm, Stef Mientki <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >      I wrote a small pre-processor for python documentation and I am
    > > looking for advice on how to get the most natural sounding reading.  I
    > > uploaded an example of a reading of lxml documentation as a podcast1

    > >http://dexrow.blogspot.com/2009/06/python-voice-preprocessor.html.

    > Depends what OS you want to use, on Windows it's very easy:
    >
    > import win32com.client
    > s = win32com.client.Dispatch("SAPI.SpVoice")
    > s.Speak('Is this punthoofd ')
    >
    > cheers,
    > Stef

    That is intresting and might be useful but isn't what I am doing.
    alot of the time you will see stuff like

    that needs to be changed into other wording so you have one file that
    gets transformed into another text that makes more sense when read. I
    haven't changed html tags into something that makes more sense when
    spoken so my example is a little defective....
    edexter, Jun 5, 2009