is Apache License, Version 2.0 similar to GPL or LGPL

e2point

hi,
if i extend an opensouce project that is given with Apache License,
Version 2.0, will i be able to sell my extended work without making it
also opensource?

thanks

red floyd

hi,
if i extend an opensouce project that is given with Apache License,
Version 2.0, will i be able to sell my extended work without making it
also opensource?

What was your C++ question? We're not lawyers (well, other than C++
language lawyers).

e2point

What was your C++ question? We're not lawyers (well, other than C++
language lawyers).

as a real c++ programer you should know stuff about lincensing as
well.. not just c++

Erik Wikström

as a real c++ programer you should know stuff about lincensing as
well.. not just c++

As a real C++ programmer he might be employed by a company which have a
whole division of lawyers that takes care of those things.

If you want to know what a licence allows or disallows all you have to
do is read it, they are usually not that long or hard to understand. Or
you could just google a bit or look at Wikipedia and you would find that
APL2.0 is not a copyleft license.

Michael DOUBEZ

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
as a real c++ programer you should know stuff about lincensing as
well.. not just c++

Beside C++, I also know a bit about cooking but nobody has asked this
topic here (yet).

For your question, you might want to read "Open source & Free software
licensing" by Andrew M. St. Laurent. It is released under Creatice
Commons and can be found at:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/osfreesoft/book/

There is a whole chapter about Apache licencing.

Michael

CMOS

sorry if the topic does not fit here at all, but i thought c++ ppl
knows about incensing issues (mostly opensource ones) as well. (well i
also know a little about it, atleast the overall picture)

BTW, the link to the book was having all the information i needed.
thanks a lot for the information.