Is ASP.Net 1.1 still needed after installing ASP.Net 2.0

Mike

I'm having strange problems with IE7 just quiting when I open documents
on some Sharepoint 3.0 Sites and I think it could be a asp.net issue.
My Windows 2003 Server running IIS 6 and Windows Sharepoint Services
3.0 shows both ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0 as options in the IIS Manager's ASP
Net Tab.

My Question is, should I uninstall asp.net 1.1

Juan T. Llibre

re:
My Question is, should I uninstall asp.net 1.1

You can uninstall it or you can disable it.

Uninstall :

aspnet_regiis -u
( from a command line in the Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 directory )

Disable:

aspnet_regiis -disable

I'd only disable it.
You never know when you might need it.

At that point, just running :
aspnet_regiis -enable
would have it up and running again with no hassle.

Mike

Thanks for the reply; however the program named aspnet_regiis does
not exist on my Windows 2003 server, nor do any \framework\
directories exist under the Microsoft.NET\ directory. I guess that,
because It's an opton in IIS, I assumed it must be installed.

Kev

aspnet_regiis should be under the installed Windows directory. e.g.

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe

Thanks for the reply; however the program named aspnet_regiis does
not exist on my Windows 2003 server, nor do any \framework\
directories exist under the Microsoft.NET\ directory. I guess that,
because It's an opton in IIS, I assumed it must be installed.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Thanks for the reply;

You're welcome.

re:
however the program named aspnet_regiis does not exist on my Windows 2003 server,
nor do any \framework\ directories exist under the Microsoft.NET\ directory.

Didn't you state that :

???

If so, you *must* have the .Net Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 installed.
For one thing, the .Net Framework comes pre-installed in Windows 2003 Server.

Look in Drive:\%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework

You'll find them there.

Thanks for the reply; however the program named aspnet_regiis does
not exist on my Windows 2003 server, nor do any \framework\
directories exist under the Microsoft.NET\ directory. I guess that,
because It's an opton in IIS, I assumed it must be installed.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe

For the .Net Framework 1.1, yes.

For the .Net Framework 2.0, it'll be at :

drive:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe

Kev

Juan T. Llibre said:
re:
For the .Net Framework 1.1, yes.

For the .Net Framework 2.0, it'll be at :
drive:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe

But he only asked about uninstalling ASP.NET 1.1 ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.