is better mingw or cygwin?

Sandrino

I want to set up mingw or cygwin to be able to compile my personal
version of gnu tools like emacs etc. My system is windows XP pro and I
wander what're the differences between mingw and cygwin and what is the
better set to install.

Thanks
Sandrino

A. Sinan Unur

I want to set up mingw or cygwin to be able to compile my personal
version of gnu tools like emacs etc. My system is windows XP pro and I
wander what're the differences between mingw and cygwin and what is the
better set to install.

Not a Perl question. Go to http://www.cygwin.com/, read, and make a choice.

Tad McClellan

Sandrino said:
I want to set up mingw or cygwin to be able to compile my personal
version of gnu tools like emacs etc. My system is windows XP pro and I
wander what're the differences between mingw and cygwin and what is the
better set to install.

What is your Perl question?

This _is_ the Perl newsgroup you know.