Is "Borland C++ Builder 1" code-compatible with the free BorlandC++ 5.5 ?

Rolf Hemmerling

Hello !

For a student project, I must use

Borland C++ 5.5
with binary libries of QT/Win Academic, Borlanc C++ 5.5 edition
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/windows.html

, but there is no good free IDE, I tested all I can get. By now, we use
the DevC++ IDE
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
, with a wrapper utiltiy, which transforms the Borland C++ error
messages to the format which is demanded by DevC++

Now I learned that the **german** version of "Borland C++ Builder 1" is
available for less than 25 EUR:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3826607430/

So is "Borland C++ Builder 1" code-compatible with the the free edition
of Borland C++ 5.5,

so that I may use the QT libraries with C++ Builder 1 ?

So is Borland C++ 5.5 **of the same age** as Borland C++ Builder 1, or
which C++ Builder corresponds to the free C++5.5 ?

And what special features do I get with Borland C++ Builder 1, which are
not availabe with the free Borland C++ 5.5 compiler, besides the IDE ?
a) which C++ framework ?
b) Is there a GUI designer, and if so for which C++ framework?
c) o.k., I get an IDE for FAST develpment ( the DevC++ solution is "slow").
d) What are the benifits of the current C++ Builder 6 ( code is
incompatible to C++ 5.5 code, I learend ), in comparsion to C ++ Builder 1 ?

Sincerely
Rolf

Jack Klein

Hello !

For a student project, I must use

Borland C++ 5.5
with binary libries of QT/Win Academic, Borlanc C++ 5.5 edition
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/windows.html

, but there is no good free IDE, I tested all I can get. By now, we use
the DevC++ IDE
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
, with a wrapper utiltiy, which transforms the Borland C++ error
messages to the format which is demanded by DevC++

Now I learned that the **german** version of "Borland C++ Builder 1" is
available for less than 25 EUR:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3826607430/

So is "Borland C++ Builder 1" code-compatible with the the free edition
of Borland C++ 5.5,

so that I may use the QT libraries with C++ Builder 1 ?

Questions about specific versions of specific compilers are not
language issues, and off-topic here. The Borland support groups are
on their server nntp://newsgroups.borland.com. The ones for questions
about C++ Builder have in their
names.

I see that you have tried to cross-post to one of the Borland groups,
but you post will never get there. They do not accept posts from
other usenet hosts, only directly to their server listed above.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com