    going through hell trying to decipher it.
    (I need to capture the keypress in order to cancel Ctrl-B from opening
    the bookmarks sidebar)

    Jay Xx, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Jay Xx wrote:

    > I have an IFrame in design mode. I've tried a bunch of things to
    > capture key presses in that IFrame, but I can't seem to get it. I can
    > capture key presses outside the IFrame fine. I have this problem in
    > Firefox, not IE.

    It shouldn't be any different to capturing key events in a normal
    iframe. Do you really have code capturing key events in a normal iframe
    with Mozilla that stops working if you switch designMode on for that iframe?
    Could you post a URL where that happens? Do you get script errors? What
    exactly goes wrong, capturing the key event with a handler, or perhaps
    only cancellation of a key?

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Jay  Xx

    Jay Xx Guest

    Jay Xx, Mar 12, 2005
  4. Jay  Xx

    Jay Xx Guest

    After extensively searching Blogger.com's code, I've found the rather
    simple solution:

    document.getElementById('edit').contentWindow.addEventListener('keypress',
    cK, true);

    Thanks anyway!

    Jay Xx, Mar 12, 2005
  5. Jay Xx wrote:

    > Yes, here is a simple example of it not working:
    > http://www.jayssite.com/misc/iframesample.html
    > I don't get any errors. The event simply isn't captured.

    I am not sure what is different but here is an example working for me
    with Mozilla 1.7
    <http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/javascript/200503/test2005031201.html>
    Onload the keypress handling is enabled and when the user types in the
    iframe the key/char code is reported.
    There are buttons then to disable the keypress handler and enable it
    again which work too.

    Although I also put in some code in that example geared towards IE I
    haven't tested with IE as your original post says you are not looking
    for an IE solution.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/