IS CEclipse well suited for GUI development in Java too?

AnonymousFC4

Hello:
new "to this stuff", planning to use java shortly.
For GUI development is Eclipse, or Jbuilder best suited?
Will Eclipse support something like Delphi, QT architecht, or Kdevelop?
Thanks for your comments, advises.
---

Steve Sobol

AnonymousFC4 said:
Hello:
new "to this stuff", planning to use java shortly.
For GUI development is Eclipse, or Jbuilder best suited?
Will Eclipse support something like Delphi, QT architecht, or Kdevelop?

Eclipse is a framework to which you can plug in lots of different tools. I
don't know what you're looking for that Delphi has - but I can tell you that
I don't know of a Pascal plugin (Delphi, of course, is primarily a Pascal IDE).

More details about what you want to do would be appreciated.

Thomas Weidenfeller

AnonymousFC4 said:
Hello:
new "to this stuff", planning to use java shortly.
For GUI development [...]

Consider something simpler for learning Java than jumping into GUI
development.

/Thomas

A_Wieminer

new "to this stuff", planning to use java shortly.
For GUI development is Eclipse, or Jbuilder best suited?
Will Eclipse support something like Delphi, QT architecht, or Kdevelop?
Thanks for your comments, advises.

Ive found JBuilder BUI builder to be the best in the market, go for it
if you need drag&drop Delphi+VB like forms. Another to consider is
Netbeans IDE.

Eclipse does not have a GUI builder in a standard package. Ive seen few
plugins mentioned but havent tried anything. I use Eclipse but havent
needed complex GUI builders much, so have survived so far.

See this list:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/akini/java/docs/javaide.html