    Will Eclipse support something like Delphi, QT architecht, or Kdevelop?
    Thanks for your comments, advises.
    ---

    AnonymousFC4, Jul 26, 2005

  2. AnonymousFC4

    Steve Sobol Guest

    AnonymousFC4 wrote:
    > Hello:
    > new "to this stuff", planning to use java shortly.
    > For GUI development is Eclipse, or Jbuilder best suited?
    > Will Eclipse support something like Delphi, QT architecht, or Kdevelop?

    Eclipse is a framework to which you can plug in lots of different tools. I
    don't know what you're looking for that Delphi has - but I can tell you that
    I don't know of a Pascal plugin (Delphi, of course, is primarily a Pascal IDE).

    More details about what you want to do would be appreciated.

    Company website: http://JustThe.net/
    E: Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

    Steve Sobol, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Thomas Weidenfeller, Jul 26, 2005
  4. AnonymousFC4

    A_Wieminer Guest

    > new "to this stuff", planning to use java shortly.
    > For GUI development is Eclipse, or Jbuilder best suited?
    > Will Eclipse support something like Delphi, QT architecht, or Kdevelop?
    > Thanks for your comments, advises.

    Ive found JBuilder BUI builder to be the best in the market, go for it
    if you need drag&drop Delphi+VB like forms. Another to consider is
    Netbeans IDE.

    Eclipse does not have a GUI builder in a standard package. Ive seen few
    plugins mentioned but havent tried anything. I use Eclipse but havent
    needed complex GUI builders much, so have survived so far.

    See this list:
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/akini/java/docs/javaide.html

    A_Wieminer, Jul 26, 2005