is dll assembly automatically strongly named, (public key encrypti

Guest

Just wondering when you create a .net dll from say a .net web application
does it automatically have public key encryption that will prevent
substituting another assembly with the same name for the assembly provided.
thanks.

Jack Li

Hi Paul,

It is not automatically done, you have to use tools like sn and al to do it.
The IDE does sign for you if you prepared the key files and put them in
correct path of specified in the solution files. You may reference
"strongname" under documentation.

Regards,
Jack Li
MVP (ASP.NET)

Guest

ok thanks for the information. I guess if you want to use an assembly as a
COM+ distributed component it must be strongly named.
--
Paul G
Software engineer.