    Dreamweaver without it using all the CPU power. Does anyone know what's
    going on? And I don't have any viruses or trojans. Thank you for any
    advice.

    Jan Hills, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Jan Hills wrote:
    > Hi all. I've been working on http://www.messageboardavatars.net in
    > Dreamweaver, which only requires HTML and small image files. I notice that
    > whenever I open on of these pages, the CPU fan turns on real loud. I'm
    > guessing Dreamweaver must be taking up all my processing power or something
    > because it's the only program I am running. Please see the site to find if
    > the pages would require full CPU usage. They look pretty simple to me. I
    > have a Pentium 4 Quad, which I think would be more than enough to run
    > Dreamweaver without it using all the CPU power. Does anyone know what's
    > going on? And I don't have any viruses or trojans. Thank you for any
    > advice.

    I would suggest that you might find some Dreamweaver group or their
    Support Page more on topic or helpful. As to your page as HTML goes
    Dreamweaver does not seemed to be serving you very well

    Failed validation, 81 Errors

    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.messageboardavatars.net/
    [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.messageboardavatars.net/ - W3C
    Markup Validator

    Dreamweaver, nor any WYSIWYG editor is not really a substitute for some
    basic knowledge of HTML, in fact much of your problem is you are using
    XHTML with out any real need had you have HTML syntax mixed within the
    document.

    The page is not that complicated and with nothing to peg your CPU. I did
    notice that you really need to optimize your images. Your avatars are
    JPG at 100x100px but will very little compression. Saving them with some
    compression would help. I got one down from 14Kb to 1.25Kb. You also
    might find the B&W graphic ones would look better and compress better as
    GIF and not JPG. Save JPG format for the clown.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO