Is e.Item.DataItem (DataRow) available on postback??

David Adams

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing e.Item.DataItem on postback, specifically in
the ItemCommand event. e.Item.DataItem is returned as null. I have the
viewstate set to true and I can access e.Item.DataItem in the ItemDataBound
event. All of the data I need is in the grid to begin with, so I would like
to avoid going back to the database to retrieve what is already there!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
David Adams