    Thanks for your help!

    Klaus Muller

    , Dec 18, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
    > generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
    > downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.

    I don't know if HTMLgen is still alive, but if you're looking for
    alternatives, you might give XIST a try
    (http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist)

    Servus,
    Walter

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Walter_D=F6rwald?=, Dec 19, 2006

  3. hg Guest

    wrote:

    > Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
    > generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
    > downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > Klaus Muller

    I am not certain it is, but besides some deprecation warnings, it seems to
    be complete/functional

    hg

    hg, Dec 19, 2006
  4. If starship does not get up anymore (give it a few hours) you might want to
    have a look here:
    http://www.python.org/ftp/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/Network/
    Else, I can send you a tarfile of version 2.1, too.

    As hg said, apart from a few deprecation warnings it's working fine for me
    (but I'm only using it for one internal site, where layout doesn't
    matter ...).

    Cheers
    Christian

    Christian Meesters, Dec 19, 2006
  5. At Monday 18/12/2006 17:37, wrote:

    >Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
    >generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
    >downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.

    *active* in what sense? HTML std doesn't change all days, and being a
    python only library, the only changes would be due to compatibility
    issues or adopting new language features of new python versions.
    BTW, I like HyperText more than htmlgen.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Softlab SRL

    Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.