Is htmlGen still alive?

kgmuller

Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.

Thanks for your help!

Klaus Muller

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Walter_D=F6rwald?=

Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.

I don't know if HTMLgen is still alive, but if you're looking for
alternatives, you might give XIST a try
(http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist)

Servus,
Walter

hg

Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.

Thanks for your help!

Klaus Muller

I am not certain it is, but besides some deprecation warnings, it seems to
be complete/functional

hg

Christian Meesters

If starship does not get up anymore (give it a few hours) you might want to
have a look here:
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/Network/
Else, I can send you a tarfile of version 2.1, too.

As hg said, apart from a few deprecation warnings it's working fine for me
(but I'm only using it for one internal site, where layout doesn't
matter ...).

Cheers
Christian

Gabriel Genellina

At said:
Does anybody know whether htmlGen, the Python-class library for
generating HTML, is still being maintained? Or from where it can be
downloaded? The Starship site where it used to be hosted is dead.

*active* in what sense? HTML std doesn't change all days, and being a
python only library, the only changes would be due to compatibility
issues or adopting new language features of new python versions.
BTW, I like HyperText more than htmlgen.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.