    It isn't ASP. What the heck is it??? e.g. what must they have on their
    server that will understand and carry out that line of code? Is it likely to
    be supported by most servers? Thanks.
    Simon Wigzell, Jan 25, 2004

  2. It's a Server Side Include (SSI). The server pre-processes your page, and
    includes the code contained in the include files. It is done before your
    ASP is run. See http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/ssi.html for further
    info.

    Blair

    Simon Wigzell <> wrote in article
    <tKDQb.256151$X%5.151222@pd7tw2no>...
    > I often use :
    >
    > <!--#include file="filename"-->
    >
    > in my code to include often used bits of asp code. I told someone in

    another
    > newsgroup about it but now I'm wondering if it will be supported for

    them.

    Blair Bonnett, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Simon Wigzell

    Evertjan. Guest

    TJS wrote on 25 jan 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > if the code is outside the ASP delimiters it is not ASP

    This gets metaphysical ;-)

    Are the delimiters themselves ASP ?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 25, 2004
  4. "Simon Wigzell" wrote:

    > <!--#include file="filename"-->
    >
    > ...It isn't ASP. What the heck is it??? ...

    See Microsoft's description:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/iis/ref_ssi_ssiref.asp

    --
    Dave Anderson