Is "include" ASP?

Simon Wigzell

I often use :

<!--#include file="filename"-->

in my code to include often used bits of asp code. I told someone in another
newsgroup about it but now I'm wondering if it will be supported for them.
It isn't ASP. What the heck is it??? e.g. what must they have on their
server that will understand and carry out that line of code? Is it likely to
be supported by most servers? Thanks.

Evertjan.

TJS wrote on 25 jan 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
if the code is outside the ASP delimiters it is not ASP

This gets metaphysical ;-)

Are the delimiters themselves ASP ?

Dave Anderson

Simon Wigzell said:
<!--#include file="filename"-->

...It isn't ASP. What the heck is it??? ...

See Microsoft's description:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/iis/ref_ssi_ssiref.asp

--
Dave Anderson