    frame. I couldn't find a way to do it. Please give me some pointer on how to
    accomplish this.

    Thanks very much in advance.

    AndrewV, Feb 13, 2004

  2. AndrewV

    bruce barker Guest

    simple html 101.

    <form target="result" action="mypage.asp">
    <input type=text name="x">
    <input type=submit value="press">
    </form>

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "AndrewV" <> wrote in message
    > I have an html page that has 2 frames ("input" and "result"). In the

    "input"
    > frame, there is a text box and a button. User enters an id in the text

    box,
    > then click on the button. In the click event, I would like to call an
    > asp.net page, and passing in the text box value as a query string

    parameter

    bruce barker, Feb 13, 2004

  3. In a frameset, on the client side, you can refer to the other frames in
    JavaScript by referring to the parent window and its frames Collection. So,
    you can manipulate any other frame from a given frame with something like:

    window.parent.frames("FrameName") or window.parent.frames(0)

    and work with the document that way. For example, you could do what you're
    saying by:

    window.parent.frames("FrameName").location = "/someURL.aspx?this=that";

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 13, 2004
  4. AndrewV

    ajaymehra Guest

    You can do it on the client side by using Javascript.
    On your button click event you can call a JScript function that will d
    something like this

    window.parent.result.location.href = "resultspage.aspx?"
    [textboxinformation to be passed]

    Ajay

    AndrewV wrote:
    > *I have an html page that has 2 frames ("input" and "result"). In th
    > "input"
    > frame, there is a text box and a button. User enters an id in th
    > text box,
    > then click on the button. In the click event, I would like to cal
    > an
    > asp.net page, and passing in the text box value as a query strin
    > parameter
    > (http://mysite/mypage.aspx?id=x) and display the result in th
    > "result"
    > frame. I couldn't find a way to do it. Please give me some pointer o
    > how to
    > accomplish this.
    >
    > Thanks very much in advance.

    ajaymehr

    ajaymehra, Feb 13, 2004
  5. AndrewV

    AndrewV Guest

    Great advices, I got it to work now. Really appreciate it Bruce, Ajay,
    Kevin. Have a great day guys.

    AndrewV, Feb 13, 2004