Is it possible to access Gridview's sorted dataview?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JimLad, Jul 16, 2010.

  1. JimLad

    JimLad Guest

    Hi - I'm going mad,

    ASP.NET 3.5

    I've got a Gridview bound to an objectdatasource. Sorting is enabled
    in gridview, but objectdatasource isn't doing any sorting. I can pick
    up the unsorted datatable from the Selected event of the
    objectdatasource, but I really want the sorted version. Is there any
    event on the gridview where I can access the sorted dataview it must
    be using internally?

    Why am I asking? We're using paging as well (i.e. truncated data in
    gridview) and I want to loop through the full sorted dataview to find
    the primary key value to set selectedindex.

    Cheers,

    James

    JimLad, Jul 16, 2010