Is it possible to Add CheckBoxes within Select lists?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Toboja, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Toboja

    Toboja Guest

    Hello,
    I have two select lists: Available Sort Options and Selected Sort
    Options.
    The user clicks on any of the available sort options and can move them
    to the selected sort options box. I use the typical MoveOption
    javascript functions to achieve this.
    I need to enable the user to also decide whether they want to also
    subtotal using any of the options in the selected sort box. I thought
    that it would be nice to be able to add a checkbox in front of the
    value in the selected options box that the user can check to indicate
    that they also want to subtotal with this option.

    Does anyone out there know if it is it possible to add checkboxes as
    part of an option within select lists?

    Thank you very much,
    Toboja

    Toboja, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Toboja

    Toboja Guest

    I think I have found my answer: - which is NO. :-(
    Thanks to all who might have been considering replying!
    Toboja

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group..._doneTitle=Back to Search&&d#354ae9c5ce61e26a

    Toboja, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Toboja

    McKirahan Guest

    "Toboja" <> wrote in message
    > I think I have found my answer: - which is NO. :-(
    > Thanks to all who might have been considering replying!
    > Toboja

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html/brow
    se_frm/thread/1a6d3037249bff94/354ae9c5ce61e26a?q=select+lists+checkboxes&_d
    one=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3Dselect+lists+checkboxes%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#
    354ae9c5ce61e26a

    > Toboja wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I have two select lists: Available Sort Options and Selected Sort
    > > Options.
    > > The user clicks on any of the available sort options and can move

    > them
    > > to the selected sort options box. I use the typical MoveOption
    > > javascript functions to achieve this.
    > > I need to enable the user to also decide whether they want to also
    > > subtotal using any of the options in the selected sort box. I thought
    > > that it would be nice to be able to add a checkbox in front of the
    > > value in the selected options box that the user can check to indicate
    > > that they also want to subtotal with this option.
    > >
    > > Does anyone out there know if it is it possible to add checkboxes as
    > > part of an option within select lists?
    > >
    > > Thank you very much,
    > > Toboja

    Perhaps if you rethink the problem...

    How about adding a third select list called "Subtotal Sort Options":

    Available Sort Options
    Selected Sort Options
    Subtotal Sort Options

    The user would then click from the Selected Sort Options which would be
    copied to the Subtotal Sort Options list.

    McKirahan, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Toboja

    Toboja Guest

    Thanks very much for replying. I had thought of the option to have
    third select list and am glad that option is there. I was just secretly
    hoping that it would be possible to add the checkboxes !
    Thanks again.
    Toboja

    Toboja, Jan 3, 2005