Is it possible to check the existence of a URL in asp.net?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Leon, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Leon

    Leon Guest

    The senario is we have a table that contains a number of URLs and we
    want to check periodically that they exist. If not, then we will
    create a report and send it to a admin.
    So what I need to do is something like this,

    run schedule task -- I have done it so don't worry about it

    get URLs from DB

    if any URLs don't exist then <<<<= HOW TO DO THIS? ANT EXAMPLE
    CODE????

    create a report and send it to admin

    end of task

    Thanks a lot in advance for your precious time.

    All the best
    Leon, Oct 17, 2003

  2. The net classes have a whole bunch of methods to allow you to request URLS
    and get back success/failure codes, and the quick starts have examples to
    get you started.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    <shameless_author_plug>
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_author_plug>

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Oct 18, 2003