    char * alter(char *)

    input: "taxxi" return: "taxi"
    input "mov1e" return: "movie"
    mike, Jun 5, 2007

  2. mike

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Jun 5, 6:15 pm, mike <> wrote:
    > like following function(C format function just demonstrates the task):
    >
    > char * alter(char *)
    >
    > input: "taxxi" return: "taxi"
    > input "mov1e" return: "movie"

    Is this what you're looking for?
    http://search.cpan.org/~hank/Text-Aspell-0.08/Aspell.pm

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Jun 5, 2007

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    Very likely. Thanks a lot, Paul, I will check it out if it works this
    way.
    mike, Jun 5, 2007
  4. mike

    mike Guest

    Seems that no module has the capability to revise words:-(
    mike, Jun 5, 2007
  5. mike

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Jun 5, 6:59 pm, mike <> wrote:
    > Seems that no module has the capability to revise words:-(

    Well of course not. How is any module supposed to know if I say
    'gaughter' whether I meant to type 'daughter' or 'laughter'? Human
    beings know based on context. It would take a seriously advanced AI
    program to be able to understand context of any random block of text
    to be able to decide which possible misspelling was intended.

    On the other hand, if your typo is something like 'taxxi' as in your
    example, and the module's suggestions() method only returns one
    possible correction, it's pretty simple to write a program to make the
    replacement for you.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Jun 6, 2007