Is it possible to create an ISAPI dll using VB.Net?

Brock Allen

Is it possible to create an ISAPI dll using VB.Net?

Not until IIS7, and then it will just be a normal IHttpHandler like you can
do now.

Unless what you're asking is can you build something in VB.NET (other than
a Page) that handles an HTTP request and emits a HTTP response? In that case,
yes... I have a sample that generates thumbnail images. The only problem
is that it's in C#, but maybe it'll help anyway.

http://staff.develop.com/ballen/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=2d8b430b-8361-416d-9df8-9aff48bf2481

Vishnu-Chivukula

Hi David,

If your Question is creating ISAPI dll, then its not possible. But you can
create custom handlers...
ISAPI dll, is the one which recieves the request and processed it. This one
is by MS.

Not too sure if IIS7, will be of any help...

Need any help, do post a msg back...

Happy Coding.

Kevin Spencer

Of course you can create an ISAPI DLL! You can create any kind of DLL you
can imagine.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer