Is it possible to create an ISAPI dll using VB.Net?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgUmV5bm9sZHM=?=, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. Is it possible to create an ISAPI dll using VB.Net?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgUmV5bm9sZHM=?=, Mar 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgUmV5bm9sZHM=?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    > Is it possible to create an ISAPI dll using VB.Net?

    Not until IIS7, and then it will just be a normal IHttpHandler like you can
    do now.

    Unless what you're asking is can you build something in VB.NET (other than
    a Page) that handles an HTTP request and emits a HTTP response? In that case,
    yes... I have a sample that generates thumbnail images. The only problem
    is that it's in C#, but maybe it'll help anyway.

    http://staff.develop.com/ballen/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=2d8b430b-8361-416d-9df8-9aff48bf2481

    -Brock
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 14, 2005

  3. you can convert the c# to vb using kamal's site
    http://www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], Mar 14, 2005
  4. Hi David,

    If your Question is creating ISAPI dll, then its not possible. But you can
    create custom handlers...
    ISAPI dll, is the one which recieves the request and processed it. This one
    is by MS.

    Not too sure if IIS7, will be of any help...

    Need any help, do post a msg back...

    Happy Coding.

    Vishnu-Chivukula, Mar 14, 2005
  5. Of course you can create an ISAPI DLL! You can create any kind of DLL you
    can imagine.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 14, 2005
  6. ISAPI filters can only be written in C++.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/e3ea0338-2300-487b-9d40-c8083ef6c189.asp

    HTTP Handlers and HTTP Modules
    can be written in any .NET language.

    Juan T. Llibre