Is it possible to do this....

dazzle

I wish to grab a remote ICO image, convert it to a PNG and then convert
that to Base64 to save into an XML file. Is this possible to do using
ASP.Net, and if so how?

Code examples wanted, either for each step or for the whole lot,
preferably in JScript.

All help appreciated.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Here's the ICO file format:

http://www.daubnet.com/formats/ICO.html

As you see it contains two bitmaps. You have to combine those to form
the image.

Use a Bitmap object to handle the image. Save the bitmap as PNG to a
MemoryStream.

The XmlWriter class has a method for writing Base64.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can convert from ICO to PNG. Goran has the spec. I would, however,
consider finding a library to do that. Base64 conversion is fairly simple,
however. At worst case, have a web service feed the binary back. The byte[]
coming from it is Base64.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!